This customized version of the WBCSD Global Water Tool, which has been piloted by 15 global oil and gas companies, has been developed by IPIECA in collaboration with WBCSD and led by CH2M HILL. The tool will allow oil and gas companies to map their water use and assess risks for their overall global portfolio of sites considering each part of the oil and gas value chain. The tool will allow users to consider factors such as what percentage of its production volume is in water-scarce areas, how many refineries are in water-scarce areas and at greatest risks, as well as how many sites are in countries that lack access to improved water sanitation. The PDF package download contains the excel tool and the how-to PowerPoint presentation.
- Compares your company’s water use (site-by-site) with validated water, sanitation and population information
- Enables calculation of water consumption, efficiency and intensity metrics.
- Establishes relative water risk in your company’s portfolio to prioritize action.
- Creates IPIECA and GRI Water sustainability reporting indicator data, inventories, risk and performance metrics, and geographic mapping.
- Enables effective communication with internal and external stakeholders on your company’s water issues.