Sustainability, Help, Information, Frameworks/Findings and Tools Platform
SHIFT is an online platform that allows you to navigate the sea of sustainability tools and carve out your pathway to implementation.
SHIFT is also a community of practitioners working together to review tools based on their own experiences. The SHIFT community includes corporate sustainability practitioners, sustainability-oriented entrepreneurs, impact investors and more.
What can SHIFT help you do?
FIND the tools and information you need.
- Browse SHIFT’s growing set of sustainability frameworks and environmental, social, and governance tools
- Search for tools according to what you’re involved with and the business need you’re trying to meet
- Modify your search by tool type, price, ratings, and author
COMPARE the tools you find.
- Compare tools based on the features that matter most to you
- View ratings and reviews from other users in the SHIFT community
CHOOSE the tools that suit you.
- Access the tools you chose and move forward
- Get involved by sharing a review or comment with the SHIFT community
Who We Are
SHIFT is a cross-sector collaboration led by the Sustainability Initiative at MIT Sloan and Valutus. Our growing list of collaborators includes Biogen, CSRHub, MIT Press, and MIT Sloan Management Review.
Make it easier for leaders at all stages of development to “hardwire” sustainability into their organizations.
Most recently, we have been collaborating closely with the WBCSD, and engaging with the Natural Capital Coalition and the Social & Human Capital Coalition, to transfer the information from their respective toolkits to SHIFT. Our common goal is to help reduce the number of platforms, increase user friendliness, and drive convergence and ultimately comparability.
If you want to help change the trajectory of sustainability progress, please get in touch.