The idea of a green team has been around for a while, yet so few service businesses have an active and effective group focused on corporate responsibility and sustainability. This is a course and toolkit designed to walk through through steps to get the team together and work on initial projects such as a sustainable purchasing audit. It's really about change management and leadership to set and achieve sustainability goals. The course includes a downloadable toolkit with more than 50 pages of worksheets you can use to:
- Brainstorm business case opportunities for sustainability
- Choose and recruit the right members for your team
- Motivate staff and deal with challenges and apathy
- Conduct a sustainable purchasing audit
- Set goals and establish baselines
The context for the course is hospitality and tourism but any service-oriented business can benefit from the step by step toolkit.
The course is worth 3 CEs for LEED credential holders (approved by GBCI) and worth 2 CEUs for ISSP credential holders.